Jabber, it's all so true, isn't it, for some of us. The fear stems from all that we've seen, and now we know painfully well what CAN and does happen. It's imperative that we do what we can to keep that fear at bay, though, because once rooted, it becomes a spider's web of anxiety, panic, futility, depression and obsessive fear.

Today is our wedding anniversary. But for some reason, at the breakfast table, I felt empty. Breakfast is usually my favourite prayer time, but this morning, I just couldn't drum up anything more than a simple grace. And I apologized to God, admitting that my heart felt heavy and empty, though I didn't know why, and that I just couldn't think of anything to say to Him this morning. Right away, He reminded me of all the hunger in the world, the people fearing for their lives all over the world, people battling cancer - etc - and I heard Him say, "when you have nothing to say, speak for those who cannot speak for themselves". Right away, I bowed my head and prayed for all of these people, and the more I prayed, the more there was to pray for. There's never any reason for an empty prayer. If I can't think of something to say, there are always people to lift up to God in care and love.

Praying like that immediately lifted the shroud of sadness (wherever it came from doesn't matter) from my heart and reminded me of how blessed I truly am.

(Maya Angelou)