I'm normally a very upbeat person but the reality of living in a "foreign" country without friends or family is starting to wear on me.

My husband and I moved to Annapolis, Maryland on August 1st. George is military and his posting here is for 3 to 4 years. My kids, though they are older, are in Canada, as are my close friends. Coming here means that I won't get to see them more than a couple of times a year. Coming here has also meant leaving a job I loved, doing work I believe in, work that ultimately helps my fellow human being.

I can't work here for the next few months and my social circle is extremely limited. It's comprised of a handful of military wives who either work full time or have young children at home and they are all pretty tired or tied up in their limited free time so socializing is infrequent.

Being lonely sucks! I'm just not used to it. Hmm, either I need a plan of action or an attitude adjustment. You know, as in, I've got all this time to myself so why not go within and deal with the **** from my past.

Okay, I'll stop now. Man, how many Weight Watchers points is that DQ Blizzard, and those fries, oh and that piece of chocolate cake and....

- Sue