consent? To clarify: I just applied for a charge card, and was denied (even though my credit is apparently good, since I got preapproved for a mortgage recently). They said the reason was bc I "filed for bankruptcy in '98". I did not. THat is, though, the yr of my separation--divorce was final a yr later. So I'm wondering if in fact he (the ex) filed for bankruptcy without my knowing it, though I don't understand why I wouldn't have been notified. How could I find this out? Also, when checking my credit report online before...one company, transunion, wouldn't give a free online report to me. When I called, they said I was "locked out" due to misinformation that they needed to verify. They asked me about student loan info (gave that correctly) then asked me my previous addresses (gave them the 2 i've had), and then they wanted my NY address--which I do not have, but he does..in fact they said "62nd street) which was one address where he lived. They would NOT listen to reason (I'm divorced for 10 yrs now)--they would not verify if there's a current mortgage on that account (they were asking me mortgage info, but my mortgage has been paid off for 6 yrs now) until i disclose his address. Can anyone shed any light or guidance on how I can get to the bottom of this mess?