Hi, I'm mom to four...a daughter, and three sons. I'm not an empty nester yet, but given the ages of my kids you'd think I probably am or would be soon. However, I think I'm still several years away from it.The kids range in age between 21 and 30. So here are the the stats: My daughter and her husband have moved in to save for a down payment on a home, my first born son is the only one out of the house. He actually lives in Japan. My second son is finishing college... he took three years off to tour with a band, and the baby went away to college, graduated and is now back home again-unable to find a job in his field.

Enjoyment?

I actually do not mind having young adults home. I enjoy it. It's been fun most of the time; however, when they argue it's on a much larger scale than when they were all little! The square footage of the house has shrunk and private space is minimal. But, I think it's good and I'm grateful we have a roof over our head to share and help out our young adults to launch into adulthood.

What do we/ I do with our adult kids?

We have made it a tradition since the beginning of summer to have a bbq with the family and eat outside every Sunday evening. It's a lot of work; however, under the twilight of the stars it's created an atmosphere whereby some great conversations that are little more meaningful have taken place. I think it'll go a long ways to making some decent memories. Outside of Sunday evenings, we occassionally go out for Mexican food - which we all love and will see a movie together. My middle son, has in the past read some of the books I pick up and read, as a result we engage in some interesting conversations over the books.

Momof4js