So funny!!! I am originally a cat person. I had a red-point siamese from the time I was 9 until right before I married at 24. He was very loyal and my family (military) traveled with him from state to state with his litter box under my feet. (after all he was my cat!) My siblings loved him too but I got the work involved. When I got married I talked my husband into another red-point mix to take his place. We had him for 10 years until he got bit by the neighbors stray and contracted feline leukemia. Our children were very sad to see him go so they each got to pick out a kitten at the shelter. I never got as close to those two, though one, a tortoise, was with us for 25 years and just died this last January. When my Father passed away 15 years ago....I got another kitty to help me through that time...It was amazing how comforting he was. He is now 15 and going through some kidney problems, but still with us!...He is an orange stripe and spot....7 years ago my friend had found a stray , feral cat that just happened to be a red-point. I just had to have him, because there is something about those blue eyes =] None of my Siamese have been the same. The first was the more pure bred and his meow and lean body showed that. The other two are bigger and one meowed like a kitten while the last one has a nagging siamese meow. I must add that 4 years ago I got a little puppy. We had had a large dog when the kids had their kitties , but she was too much for our family and we had to give her up...We all hated that....Our new little Lasa Opso came along after we became empty nesters. Being a cat person and used to them being independant I was not prepared for the needs of a small white indoor puppy. It was like having another baby! Well, almost....But now that she is 4 and potty trained (somewhat), leash trained (sort of) and not ruining the furniture (ok, I am lying here) she really is a sweetheart...=] Lasa's are not what you would call easy to train, groom or have in your lap. She has a mind of her own!! But, I know she adores us, and won't leave our sight or footstool when we are home. Though, because of her, the cats no longer like to hang out in front of the TV with us. They get along fine, but she gets jealous of them wanting to sit on me..=\ Anyway, that was a long reply, but I hope you get the picture....I am a sucker for my pets...=]