Anno, thanks for the encouragement. Last night when I made this post I was so down and felt like drowning. I really needed direction.

Eagle, this is a great suggestion, and it is the truth. Kind of like giving a simple reason why I can’t attend something…”something came up”, I’ve done that!
You hit the nail right on the head, my family does guilt very well. No matter how much I have done or do…never good enough. I just wish I came to this entire conclusion many years ago. Another thing I have had to deal with my whole life…emotional blackmail. Only now to find out, they were merely threats and nothing more. Maybe this is the root of why I have been this enabler.

Josie, I have set a short cut to the link you gave me on my desktop. I had googled this subject today, your link had other sites that my link didn’t have to look at. It is so ironic, I do not expect perfection, and I am happy living a simple life. If my family would stop badgering me for every little thing…but they never will. This is why I needed some direction and guidance. I am going to have to go back to counseling, I just haven’t had the time and it’s been 4 months since I’ve gone.

I hope you ladies do not mind, I am going to print your suggestions and keep it with me at all times so I can have a reference point.

Even though counseling is needed, these are points I can ask my Therapist to help me with.

Thanks so much!

Cathi