I once had a rescue here that was an abused Pit Bull named Prince. He was a handful and a friend of mine said, I have this friend who is an expert with dog bahavior problems. I'll have her call you. She did and I invited her over. She seemed okay at first then with Prince on his lead she gave some command, forget what, he didn't mind her so she slapped him hard on his nose, with his lead. Never knew I could move that fast! I grabbed the lead and told her to get the he// out of my home or I was going to show her how it felt to be slapped with a leather lead. She slinked away and I never saw her again.

It had taken me over a month of kindness to show this shivering petrified of people dog he wasn't going to be hurt and abused ever again and then she slaps him in the face. Grrrr!!!

By the way that was nine years ago and my granddaughter adopted Prince after about six more months with me and she has had him ever since, he adores Emily the new baby and has always been an perfect addition to her home, loving, loyal and what a watchdog, whew!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/