Well....Our 29 year old daughter came back home last year. She works part time and goes to school part time. She was an interior designer but the money dried up. So she's going to school to be a teacher. Then our 21 year old son just came home today because he can't afford to be out. And our 17 year old son is just home.

We don't have a lot of rules - just "be respectful of everyone else, clean up your mess and "yes, I love you but I'm not neccessarily compelled to fold your laundry to prove it." Everyone has different schedules and though I might cook, it won't be three meals a day. I will cook most certainly for Dad and Gabe, but you other two who are in and out with crazy work-school-dating-schedules, yes you two, look in the fridge and don't whine if there's no left overs because your OTHER brother came home to see me and ate the spaghetti that was in the fridge. I love you all. And don't bug me when I'm painting." That's it. Those are the rules. Oh, and clean your cat's cat box and feed it. I have my own dog and cat. That's it. I think.

The other things that some parents have to deal with like boy/girl friends being in the bedrooms or staying over - yeah, we don't even have to discuss that because THAT has never been up for debate, much less discussion, much less happen.

Kate

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/