Wow, more of us expereincing boomerangs every single day.

Kate, my daughter who is 22 also knows that rule about the boyfriend. We have two guest rooms right now and her beau is more than welcome to stay there, and he does, but never in the same room. That's an unspoken rule. However, I have freinds who let their kid's boy/girl friends sleep with them. Hello - don't make it too easy for them or they'll never leave!

I'm happy to have my daughter home. She's a great kid who is just taking a little bit longer to put all the pieces together. She's in school part-time and working part-time, visits her grandfathers, hangs out with her boyfriend (they spend most of their time at our home) and isn't really able to save money becasue she only works part-time. I'm guessing she'll be around until she finishes school, works a year or two and saves money to move out.

All the kids I know who are making it on their own are doing so because they have housemates.

Our 21 year-old who lives in Brooklyn, NY has 3 roomies. He has been subletting half his room since October since he's been on the road since. He's finsihing this tour Tuesday night and is flying home to Baltimore for about a week before heading home to NY where he hopes to stay for a few months. I think he's tired of sleeping on tour buses and in hotel rooms.

Our oldest bought a home, but he has two renters in the home, and there's a carriage house out back that he rents to a resident at UM hospital. There's no way he could afford to do this on his own.

People need people to survive. Whether it's family or friends, so maybe this isn't such a bad time.

Blondi, I can relate to the products. I took my daughter to CVS. It started with conditioner, and ended with conditioner, shampoo, some face wash, and body lotion!

chatty, I'm so glad to hear your son has friends to live with. I'm sure he'll appreciate their company during this time in his life.