I know exactly how you are feeling Chatty...my husband insisted that we find another puppy after Zeke died in January..we went online and found several breeders..I called a couple of them and they all sent me videos of their litters...I bit the bullet and put a deposit on a little cutie...but as the time drew near to pick him up I began to panic..what was I doing? No one could replace Zekie...but I had put a sizeable deposit on the new puppy which was non refunadable...apparently most people change their minds when the time draws near...so Ray and I went to get him...and I was certain that I would be calling my oldest daughter and surprising her with a new cocker spaniel puppy...but the little guy stole my heart...and I have such a sense of peace about Zekie..I know in my heart he didn't want me to be sad and missing him so much...while I still think of him and miss him every day, I know longer feel that stabbing pain in my heart when I think of him..and I have the sweetest little puppyboy sitting beside me licking my hand as I type you this post...I hope you allow yourself the luxury of loving another puppy my Friend...you deserve that and so much more....

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel