I went to The Animal Foundation last week with Lois where I volunteer and was in the area they call The Nursery and saw a teeny, tiny little fuzz ball, and when inquiring was told she is a ten week old, long haired Chihuahua that had been one of several confiscated in an "abuse case." Can you imagine that???

Anyway she was afraid of everyone and screamed when touched or held. The vet gave her a clean bill of health but said she needed socializing and to know she is not going to be hurt again. Went back the next day and stayed there for three hours. I sang softly to her, put my hand near her so she could smell me and finally she allowed me to stroke her softly but still was shivering. To make a long story short, I'm adopting her but don't know for sure when they will release her to me. They are so careful where they place an animal especially one having been abused in her infancy. She is adorable and as soon as I can have her for sure, I will ask someone (yes Angelika, it will be you) to post her pictures for everyone to see. I haven't chosen a name yet but am leaning towards SASSY but it depends on how she acts when I use that name...Thats what I want for her is to feel so secure with me and her new home she is sassy about it...

I feel just like an expectant mother!!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/