I was raised Presbyterian...having moved around most of my life finding a church I like has been difficult...I've gone to so many different denominations and find something warm and loving in them all. Lately I've been looking for a church...not too big, not too small...and I've been led to a Methodist Church and when I walked in through the doors I got this 'home' feeling. I've attended a couple of service and met with the pastor and have fallen in love with this place. It reminds me of the church I attended with Mamaw when I was a little girl...down to where I sit...3rd row from the front, right side...it was like she was there with me. To make a long story short I did my first volunteer job today and met some really wonderful people...and it feels like I've been there my whole life. I can't get over it. I'm officially joining this church Sunday and can't wait. I spoke with a woman today about a woman's group that helps feed the homeless, helps abused women and their children and there's even a Red Hat society...too funny.
"They will be able to say that she stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her away....and surely it has not.....she adjusted her sails" - Elizabeth Edwards