First, Alice...I'm so sorry you went through that...good grief...I cannot imagine that happening to anyone in a church. You poor thing...I'd be church-shy, too.
Our web site is: www.saralandumc.org
It's small, yet big enough to be busy. I'm already doing receptionist work one morning a week...that was fun. I met a lot of good folks that way.
Di...thank you for the advice...I'd considered doing that actually but feel this is the right thing to do. It just feels right, right now. I went to one church in Saraland (won't mention the name) and the pastor's secretary was downright rude...she wouldn't talk, she wasn't friendly and I found her to be 'click-ish'...one time I tried to talk to the pastor and she wanted to know why...I told her it was about mine and Larry getting married and she said the pastor would not married divorce people and that was that. Found out later this is not true and we missed him marrying us...really weird. Just one of many reasons I didn't stay with that church.
I looked at all of your web site...they're pretty amazing churches, too. Love the red door on your church, Dotsie!
Hugs Chatty