Hey ya'll...yesterday was so much fun...At the end of the service our Pastor called me up and introduced me to the congregation. He told them how I'd started volunteering for the church before becoming a visitor and he thought that was so cool. I chocked back a few tears as I felt the spiritual, loving embrace of the church and its people accept me and as everyone came by to shake my hand at the back of the church, I had the most warm-hearted experience...so many warm people welcoming me and it just reaffirmed everything I felt from day one...this is where I belong. Yesterday afteroon a woman named Dianne called me to welcome me and we chatted about half an hour...she was so sweet and gave me information about different committees that are available for helping others. I think Wednesday nights are going to be taken from now on at my church...a social pot-luck supper and bible study and there's also a group that meets who have/had addiction problems...they come for support and to share their wonderful recovery stories. I'm told that is really special to watch.
Well, I feel God in my heart, I joined the church, I have the mug and I even bought the T-shirt (yes we have mugs and t-shirts)...:) So, it's official...and I'm soooooooooooo excited!
Jabber...keep looking...never give up...one day it will find you.
Dotsie...I'll let Pastor Rob know how much you like the web site.
Love and hugs