I also graduated in 1970 from Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

My father was a teacher in the other high school in Eau Claire. My grandfather had been a principal at the high school I attended until he died when I was 13. I was well known among all the staff and was expected to behave. And I did - until I hit my sophomore year.

Our skirts were suppose to be no shorter than 2 inches above our knees. I was tall and rail thin and I liked mini-skirts. So I wore one to school. My homeroom teacher sent me to the office and the principal called my dad at school. He expected my dad to pick me up and take me home to change.

My dad said he had a job to do and I had a job to do. His was to teach his kids and mine was to learn from my teachers. He said I would stay in school just the way I was and my teachers would teach me. I stayed in my mini-skirt and nothing was said to me for the rest of the day about my clothes.

I was so proud of my father! All he said to me when I got home was that I had better never do anything again that would warrant another phone call!

The next day several girls wore mini-skirts.

A week later I wore jeans to school. Not one teacher said a word.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com