First of all, I'm not selling anything or pushing any products, but I did see a tv show awhile ago that stuck in my head, so thought I'd share if it's helpful to anyone. If people are interested in these principles, they can eat well without buying anything.

A man named Paul McKenna has a program called I Can Make You Thin (this is for folks who might want to look it up). His four principles of eating are this:

1. When you are hungry, eat.

2. Eat whatever you want, not what you think you should.

3. Savor every bite and eat slowly and carefully.

4. When you are getting full, stop eating.

That's it. He says that we should try to keep ourselves in the middle range between fainting from lack of food and feeling sick from overeating. In other words, don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.

Now, of course, it's a bit more complicated because we all have to recognize when we're truly hungry or just really want some stimulation because we're bored.

I think the method of eating is awesome. I'd guess this would be great to get over the idea that we need to be hungry or miserable. After that, though, I think we really do need to eat and enjoy foods that are good for us. There's not much use in getting thin on Cheetos and cheesecake. (well, maybe a little cheesecake.)