Songbird, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mom. My heart aches with yours at this time of profound sense of loss. Losing one's mother is such a life-changing loss.

I'm still making that journey through grief, having lost so many family members in such a short period of time. What helped me the most was being surrounded by love, the love of hubby, his family, my sisters here at BWS and clinging to my faith. I was very angry with God after my brother died, so had to deal with that loss at the same time...but it didn't take long before I found myself crawling back into His heart for solace and strength.

Our faith gives us the hope of seeing our loved ones again. And for me, my faith has also given me the strength to hold onto the conviction that we're all here for our time and purpose, and that as long as we're still breathing, we're still meant to be here, not there. That gives me courage to keep going, despite the agony of absence and yearning to see them all again.

Keeping you in prayer and heart, Songbird. So many of us have experienced loss of parents and/or other loved ones. There's comfort in knowing that others have walked that path and made it out okay. I hope you find loving support in our hearts and words.

Edited by Eagle Heart (09/14/10 05:10 PM)

(Maya Angelou)