I agree Dolphin, you should write - or speak to the practice manager.

Back in the 70s when I had need of an OB/GYN for pregnancies, I DID frequently wait long periods of time. Eventually I started scheduling for an end of the day appointment, so I didn't have to take so much time away from work.

The attitude of that man's office was "when you're with the doctor we will give you 100% attention, but realize that babies don't always arrive on schedule, so please be understanding if you have to wait." I DID like the man enough to put up with this, he did have a fabulous bedside manner.

But he died (of old age) shortly after my son was born and I've never since had another doctor since who kept me waiting more than 15 minutes. Usually less these days...

So maybe it is just different habits of different docs.

It seems to me the TV in the waiting room is ubiquitous these days, and my current doctor's office always has a self service bar with cookies and coffee or water.

Also, my current doc's office is in the hospital and they have a fantastic coffee shop/cafeteria there. So with a situation like that, at least if one had to wait hours, you could go get a meal and ask the staff to alert you when the doctor is ready -- maybe they even have beepers, I don't know... I DO know of docs located in shopping malls who use beepers.

And the other day when I had to take Steve to the oral surgeon straight from the dentist's office (because he needed a designated driver), and got to a point where I hadn't eaten for 4 hours and needed to -- the staff said I could leave the building as long as they had my cell number...

Bottom line, you should not have to wait like this - without food or water --and worse, smelling food!

Edited by Anne Holmes (09/16/10 12:47 AM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com