Thanks to all you gals for your guidance, wisdom and support. It really is tough.

Orchid, if my home would sell i'd be more willing to relocate. But, I do understand. I hope your new job offer will be fulfilling.

Anne, thank you for the prayers and I hope your SIL finds a job that's intrinsic to himself. I wonder if he could be a free lance writer? I'm certain he's considered that option.

I've thought of find a night job stocking and then perhaps a pet sitting business? It would be a bit rough. Maybe I'll get off my duff and the pet sitting while I still have unemployment. I'll need to check into insurance and bonding. People seem to prefer pet sitters with such and maybe joining a pet sitting organization.

Maybe I don't belong in the corporate world. But I do need some type of job with some benefits and ability to prove eligibility for loans as necessary in the future.

I'll do my research which will keep my mind busy.

Speaking of unemployment, yesterday I visited United Way and another charity, but don't qualify for much and they are low on funds. It was rather embarrassing. I also visited the unemployment office and am rather disgusted b/c they were of little help, nothing I could not have found out on line.

One of the employment counselors suggested that I become bonded to find employment. The Federal Bonding Program is for hard to place or at risk job applicant/seeker like ex-offenders, fraudulent or dishonest acts, recovering substance abusers, welfare recipients and those with poor credit, etc. I'm none of those. She said a few other things that I found rather inappropriate. This is the 2nd time I've felt reverse discrimination at the employment office.

She also delivered some bad news. That being that after November no more unemployment benefits will be extended. I'm not eligible until late Jan or early Feb 2011 to file an extension for benefits. Now I know I won't be able to receive those benefits and must make more effort to find work. Gosh, I've even thought of working at Merry Maids (if they'll have me) and do the pet sitting morning and evening and weekends. Just another idea.

Although unemployment in my state is Federally funded, the November 2010 state elections will determine any extensions in 2011. According to my state's unemployment office "the recession is over" -- and yet we have 11% unemployment.

Geesh. Politicians and numbers are just a bunch of cow hocky!

Edited by MustangGal (09/25/10 12:28 PM)