I'm very fortunate to have a hubby who a) loves to cook, and b) loves it when I experiment with casseroles. We eat a good variety of foods for supper. Within the week, we'll normally have chicken, fish, beef with the potatoes or rice and veggies. Then we'll alternate with other interesting stuff, like tacos, homemade pizza (hubby loves my pizza), or casseroles. I made a salmon casserole last night chock full of fresh veggies (carrots, celery, onion, red pepper, spinach, corn and mushrooms) and pasta. It's good for 2-3 meals, and I often will do something different with it the 2nd night - like tonight I'll top it with grated cheese and wheat germ (gives a lovely healthy crunch with the cheese!!)

We also keep on hand a few "fast supper" items in the freezer...like frozen chicken pies, cabbage rolls and lasagnas - to pop in the oven or microwave when we don't feel like cooking. Quite often when we cook one supper, we'll make enough for two, then freeze the other portions for another night next week.

We also often make good use of our slow-cooker. Spaghetti sauces, beef stews, chili, honey-garlic chicken wings...stuff like that. We make enough to share with our elderly neighbours and to put a container away in the freezer for another night.

One thing we don't eat anymore is pork. Neither of us digests it well, and it makes hubby snore too much.

Edited by Eagle Heart (09/30/10 06:50 PM)

(Maya Angelou)