Does this perhaps mean that too many people are marrying without considering the long-term implications? Then divorcing when they realize they really weren't all that compatible? I suspect that is what happened to me the first time around...

I haven't told too many people, but since this happened almost 40 years ago, I'll admit that I do recall being up at the altar with my first husband and hearing the minister intone the words "...til death do you part?"

And I remember, thinking "OMG! Til death. That's a long time. I'm really not sure..." And then realizing that there were 300 people in the church watching me, all of them had sent me wedding presents and my parents had just shelled out "beaucoup bucks" for this big event... If I backed out, I'd cause embarrassment to everyone, I'd have to send back all the gifts, etc. etc...

I quickly evaluated my options, decided I could not possibly bolt... So I said to myself, "Well, I'll stay here and continue to get married. After all, I love him. But instead of "til death..." let's just agree to "as long as it works."

It "worked" for 10 years and two children. And I was a lot smarter the second time around...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com