eww...turkey bacon looks like spam in the pan. If you LIKE spam, sorry to tread on your toes! It's a fair subsitute, but I'd rather have ONE piece of the real stuff than a whole rasher of the turkey.And one real piece of bacon lends a lot of flavor to your cooking. The precooked so called real bacon stuff always needs micorwaving or skillet to make it look right and be cooked well- it's always way too underdone, in my guesstimation - and to taste right to my 'buds! I'd rather have NO bacon than a subsitute. Guess that's a southern thing. I couldn't imagine a BLT with faux bacon, and I surely wouldn't eat one. One viable obtion that I have, is baking bacon on a broiler pan- it's great for large servings when you have a big breakfast for several- , you put it on the broiler pan (spray first with PAM) and bake at a medium temp. for about 45 mins (250 degrees or so, ramp up if you need it) and it turns out crisp, flavorful, non greasy and just the ticket.That gives you time for the other breakfast option preparations. Of course they have the lower sodium bacon today, and that is a GREAT thing, and a worthy switch!