Thank you ladies, all great ideas!

Yet, I've done some market research and have discovered that there are already 3 or so dozen pet businesses recently. Seems that others are doing the same in connection with the economic environment. Being your own boss or contractor seems to be popular.

I'd be lucky if I made $800 a month in my locality.

I'm praying that I'll find a job with benefits. The Army National Guard is not taking my peer group for waivers in my state nor the 3 surrounding states.

I'm now registered with three (3) temp agencies and nothing.

The unemployment office referred me to a law office where the lawyer was nearly an hour late for the interview and berated her current and past employees. She offered me 55% less than my prior job and said if I did not take the job that I'd lose my unemployment benefits. The unemployment office agreed with her. I went up the chain to find out that I will not lose my benefits and that several complaints exist against that particular lawyer and firm. Geesh.

Seems that employers will advertise their jobs with the unemployment office for cheap labor. I've learned my lesson with that particular avenue. Again, proof positive that folk will take advantage of you and the government lies or doesn't have a chicken's poop of a clue.

I worked one more week with my pet sitting 'mentor' and she lied and took advantage of me. She said I was stupid and that's why I lost my job - she said I have a track record. I have no room for her in my life.

I may take a try at Craigslist for jobs.

Also, seems word of mouth is best these days. Yet, I don't have anyone really to help with that avenue.

I have traffic w/ regard to my home for sale (since 12/09) at least 1x week; yet, offers are less than that which I'm asking. I've lowered the price 2X to where, if sold, will cover the realtor fees and closing costs, leaving me at break even. Yet, the offers are much less b/c folk who are approved for less are trying to buy that which they can't afford.

Also, I may consider going back to school -- perhaps medical coding, that seems to be a good career.

Thus, if my home sells, I'm open to move somewhere else. I'm trying to trust God -- and doing so leaves many obstacles. Seems that the more I try to attend Church that I encounter folk who call themselves Christians, but hide their sins behind the pews and lie. I'm trying to keep my faith.

Lord willing.