Originally Posted By: MustangGal
Eagle Heart, I've been suicidal, even as recent as last month. But no one really cares and my family said that I'm on my own and not to expect any help from them.
That's pretty much how I felt most of my life too. Now they're all gone and there's not even the hope of any of them caring. One reality that I had to come face to face with, and continue to struggle with, is that eventually - no, NOW - it's up to me and me alone to provide myself with what I need that others fail or refuse to give me. That's a huge "ouch" point for me, because I have a lot of rips in the fabric of my life that need mending, a lot of questions about worth and purpose that I need answers to...ultimately, it's up to me to decide what I'm worth and what my purpose is. Nobody else has those answers for me, and the people that I think should be helping, aren't helping. So I either give up, or do it myself. Very difficult to affirm oneself. I don't even know if it's entirely possible. But it IS possible for me to declare my worth and decide that my life IS worth living and that I get to decide how to live it.

It's not easy, still a day-to-day challenge, but I no longer choose the alternative. I want to live, and with or without them, I WILL live!

Edited by Eagle Heart (11/02/10 06:50 PM)

(Maya Angelou)