This has been my spiritual journey for the past few years, recognizing that there is a golden nugget of learning and wisdom in every single thing that happens in our lives...every encounter, every event, everything matters and has something good to teach, bless and enrich us. The challenge is to actively look past the immediate impression of disaster and find the blessing instead. My constant prayer lately has been to be able to see the world and my own life through the eyes of God, to see that ultimately all works out for good. My daily mantra since my diagnosis has been "God is with me, all is well" and have been experiencing tremendous peace and inner strength.

It's one of the most enriching lessons I've learned from my years here at BWS...to search always for the positive, and to be always grateful for everything in my life because everything has the potential for growth and blessing. Not always easy, 24/7, when life throws such catastrophic curves my way, but it's still my quest and my journey to fumble through the rubble and see blessing instead of ruin.

(Maya Angelou)