B61

"I don't want my daughter to live in a depression nor would I ever discuss the depression with her at this point in her life"

I have pondered what you say..as both a parent and as a educator I vere toward the opposite standpoint.Firstly your daughter will pick up from the media and others that the economy is in dire straits..and no matter what discipline is she studied there will have been built in a look at history..even a fashion course will touch on the New Look post WW2..and the ethos.
Secondly ..once our offspring are adults its valuable to have a place they can approach where non judgemental love.. truth and support exists using grown up thinking .whether in job seeking or other life choices.developing a healthy respect on both sides..
protecting a little child is essential but within the safety of the parental home the young adult is robust enough to see the reality of 2010.Encouraging her strengths and what is viable will build her confidence so when a job interview does happen she will project herself well.
wishing your daughter well.