Do you mean my surgeon or my GP? (both are female) I think the surgeon may have mentioned something but it was at 6am the morning after my surgery and I was still pretty drugged up. I was waiting until my follow-up to ask her all about it (follow up is Jan 10).

It's my GP I'm annoyed with. Years and years of complaining for naught. To be fair, she did run every test I ever asked her to run, but I had to do my own research for just about anything and everything to know what to ask for. In 2002, when I had my major breakdown, I was in serious trouble with profound depression. I went to her repeatedly and even after I had to quit my job, she still didn't do anything. It wasn't until hubby went in with me and begged my GP to listen to me that she finally clued in. But even then she didn't know who to refer me to...I had to go home, and search the Internet for a psychologist in the area, contact him, and then go back to my GP for the referral.

Believe me, I've tried to find another family doctor, but they're almost impossible to find now, so I'm hanging on to this one. At least she does listen when I go in with information and test requests. It did take me a long time to get her to take action with all this pelvic investigation. We began the initial testing over two years ago and it took this long to get to a diagnosis and treatment.

(Maya Angelou)