Okay. I found it.

I had a friend who would phone and say, "Hi there sunshine. Whatcha doin'?" Then he'd begin to tell me jokes. After each
joke, he'd squeal like a pig. He was so funny, always laughing, always joking. This guy was known for helping others.

Another friend I lost, would be at most social events I went to. He'd always ask me to dance or sit and socialize with me and WB for hours at a time. This guy I knew for 40 years or more.

My cousin owned a cabin down near the Stateline. She had ladies' getaway weekends. And she and I always snowmobiled together. I stood up in her wedding and she in mine.
Our moms were close too. We'd go to lunch. And we'd talk on the phone for hours at a time.

My other friend and I went shopping together; took trips together; and did lunch together. We were closer than blood kin. But she got into a jam, I couldn't pull her out of; and, I feel bad that I didn't realize what was happening to her before it was too late to fix.

I've always valued friendships. Like the song says, "From now on all my friends are gonna be strangers. I'm all through ever lovin' anyone." Not really. But that's how I'm feelin' momentarily.

Edited by jabber (12/09/10 04:38 PM)