I used to be such a clothes horse. And every outfit had its own paid of shoes.

I'll never forget going on a week-long business trip to DC with the (unrealized) potential of meeting the President - and the actual experience of meeting with several Senators and Congressmen in their offices.

I ended up with three bags as I recall, mostly filled with skirted suits each with enhancing accessories and matching shoes. I specifically recall that in addition to a black suit, there was a pink suit, a light blue one, a purple one, a red one, etc. Probably 10 outfits in all. And each outfit had earrings, necklaces, and etc.

As you might expect, traveling with such a wardrobe meant that I had to have help from some of the others on the trip to haul it all through the airport. (Actually I could have done it myself, but I was slowing the men down...and yes, the others in the group were 5 men, each with one bag apiece.)

These days I am SO pared down.
Like Mountain Ash I don't wear jeans, but choose black slacks most of the time. Though I do have a pair of purple cords that I love, and wear often in the winter. (Hey, it's not going to get warmer than 20 degrees here today!)

Also I love to wear colorful tops. Mostly warm turtleneck sweaters enhanced with scarves during these winter months.

I buy pieces I can wear for years - and I can travel lightly, 2 pairs of black slacks and a selection of sweaters and scarves. No jewelry other than my rings.

The new me is so much easier. But the old me had studied fashion design in college -- and loved to be perfectly turned out at all times.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com