I've always loved fashion while maintaining my own style. However, if I don't like it, I don't wear it, no matter how trendy it is.

My staple is black stretch knit pants, barely more than leggings in warmer months and a little heavier in winter. That way I can wear all my colorful tops and sweaters. Also ethnic pattern pants with full legs and elastic waist. Summer it's colorful shorts with bright tops.

I love hats! Crocheted hats in every color (that I wear). Head wrap scarves in summer (like my avatar pic.) Lots of jewelry -- surprise! I often decide on jewelry first, and then choose an outfit to match.

When I travel, I color-coordinate with no more than 2 color schemes per week to minimize luggage.

Since my early 30s, I placed a premium on comfort -- so no heels and no jeans.

In 2010, my big fashion changes were:
1. Leggings. Love, love, love! I bought 2 pair in black: 1 lacy and 1 with rivets, so I can still wear my little skirts in summer.
2. Boots. I recently bought a pair of knee high gray suede-look with large buckles. I was getting tired of gym shoes all the time. I wear these all day at the market (with thick socks) and they're as comfortable as gym shoes.

Poet and essayist