I spend a lot of days in my gym clothes. Head to the gym first thing in the morning and sometimes go shopping or run errands on my way home. So my usual uniform is black yoga pants (sometimes dark gray or navy) An assortment of bright colored workout tops go over these and I have every style and type of hoodie imaginable (lightweight sleeveless, medium weight short-sleeved, heavier long-sleeved, for whatever weather) so I can throw that on over the top and run into the grocery store without feeling naked. Sneakers (right now I'm into Reebok Simply Tones. Will let you know if I ever get a tight butt from walking in them!)
If I'm doing something else -- meeting gal pals for lunch or doing something fun with friends -- it's usually jeans (or shorts, I prefer longer ones) or capri's, matched up with a top of some sort. If we're going to a restaurant I usually bring a matching jacket or sweater.
I am a clothes horse! I love to shop! Purses, shoes, watches are all big weaknesses. But I'm with Meredith -- if it's not comfortable, I don't wear it. If I don't like it, I don't wear it.
Like Anne I remember traveling to meetings in Washington DC or conventions in other parts of the country and how I dreaded packing for them. Pantyhose. Slips. The right shoes for every outfit. The right bra. Accessories. It would take me an entire day to get things lined up for a week's trip. We don't travel like that anymore. Most trips these days are fishing tournaments. All I worry about is the weather and make sure I have jeans, sweatshirts,raingear.

Since we're on this topic...........does anybody have any really helpful hints on packing for a cruise? I'm going on a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean. I've looked at the packing hints and tips online, and have already done most of their suggestions. No matter what I do it seems like I have way too much stuff picked out. I'm really trying to keep it down, but it seems impossible, and I'm getting stressed out........and cruises are supposed to be fun!! HELP!!