Jabber, I have an EXCELLENT hairstylist here in HSV, worth the drive. He is at Salon Beaujolie in the Publix shopping center at Whitesburg and Airport, and his name is Diamond Horn. He listens, works with you, does french cutting (a wonder in itself!) and won't do anything you are uncomfortable with. They do the hair for all the folks at WAAY. They really do a good job there, and Diamond is of our ages and wont do anything untoward. I can't recommend him enough. We have a friend that relocated to FL. that comes up here once a month to see everyone and have him do her cut. I have many friends that use him, and I am so glad they told me to go to him. I actually have hair I am proud of now (if only I can keep on top of the roots and such- and God bless his heart, Diamond recommended a glaze- it gets my natural color back and shine, and works really well- doesn't last long but worth the monthly aspect when I have the cut done...short hair takes a monthly dose of doing...) . If you are willing to travel into HSV, you will like this man- plus he is meticulous and pleasant, and when you get to know him, he's a true pleasure to chat with for sure. You and he would hit it off famously!