Dee, I did not know you and Larry found each other through match.com. That is such a delightful story.

Steve and I met in a similar -- though more LOW TECH -- way, though I rarely speak of it: Our local newspaper had a classified section for dating, and we met through it.

Steve ran an ad and I was one of a half dozen people who answered it. Once we met, things really happened fast: We had our first phone call in September, our first date in October and were married the following February. Our anniversary was the 13th - and it's been 23 wonderful years.

I have often wondered why we moved so fast. After all, I had dated my first husband for three years before we got engaged. And then we married a year after that...

But all I can say is, we were more mature in our 30s, knew what we were looking for -- and recognized it when we saw it!

Strangely enough, the same month we met, I had been talking to my (very pragmatic) father, and he told me not to expect to marry again. He said, "You're in your late 30s, have two young kids living with you, and can't have any more children. Those are all strikes against you: No man wants to marry a woman who comes pre-equipped with kids. All men want to marry a woman with whom they can have children. And most men want to marry a younger woman."

Ah! My father. Don't get me started on how angry he can make me! He really knows how to push my buttons. But, that's fodder for a whole other discussion. I just try to remain grateful that I have a father who is still living...

Edited by Anne Holmes (02/16/11 07:59 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com