Totally agree on avoiding food additives. I try to do that as much as possible, even though that means cooking at home most of the time.

Caught just part of a local newscast this morning where food coloring and its affect on hyperactivity were being discussed. Here's a link to an article in case anyone else wants more info: FDA Holds Hearing on Safety of Food Coloring

I was slightly amused (mild term) to hear that the FDA was addressing this. As I recall, back 30-35 years ago, many women I knew and respected were ADAMANT that food additives like dyes negatively impacted their children's behavior.

But according to the "experts" there was no scientific proof. These apparently prescient women (and men) were told that it was all in their imagination...

Does anyone else beside me recall that books were written by parents of autistic children about their searches for ways to help their children? In most cases, as I recall, these parents wrote that they found improvement in their children's behavior and ability to function, IF they were on diets that restricted their intake of processed foods.

Edited by Anne Holmes (03/30/11 07:17 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com