I've been pretty fond of their Angus Beef burgers and I pick up lunch there about 3x/month.

But last I checked with my doctor she told me I really ought to switch to the kid meals. Apparently they are more appropriately sized... And of course, they now come with alternatives to the fries. But the fries might be the best part of the meal.

When I go I get one sandwich as a meal, one just the sandwich. Then Steve and I split the fries and I give him the diet soda, as I don't drink soda... (Well that's not totally true. But I don't drink DIET soda. I allow myself a "real Coke" about once a year. That is nirvana.)

I don't know if I like the Coke so much for the actual taste or because the taste brings back so many memories...all the way back to 2-3 years old, when I used to go to the barbershop and run errands with my Dad on Saturday mornings. Back then, part of the ritual of the trip was that we would split one of those old 6 oz. bottled Cokes that used to be dispensed from Coke machines at the gas station.

So: I am delighted to hear McDonald's is hiring so many people. And I hope it portends good news for the economy, while making more memories for today's little kids.

Edited by Anne Holmes (04/06/11 10:31 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com