Nice article, Sandy, thanks for sharing it!

I too was a Brownie and a Girl Scout. I quit sometime in grade school, due to a major argument I had with the leader over something quite silly. I don't recall the details anymore...

But you are right, the Girl Scout Laws are worth following. I wonder how many of us grew up and eventually became the people that we are today because of the fact that we absorbed this training early and it has become part of our core?

When I grew up, I also pledged a sorority, and I had a similar experience a couple of years ago: I found the Chi Omega Symphony, which was a similar set of rules to live by, read it, and realized that I am the woman I have become partly because I strive daily to embody THOSE rules...

I found the Chi O Symphony just now on a public page online, so I don't think I am breaking any rules by sharing it here.

It was penned in 1904, by Ethel Switzer Howard, and reads as follows:

To live constantly above snobbery of word or deed; to place scholarship before social obligations and character before appearances; to be, in the best sense, democratic rather than 'exclusive', and lovable rather than 'popular'; to work earnestly, to speak kindly, to act sincerely, to choose thoughtfully that course which occasion and conscience demand; to be womanly always; to be discouraged never; in a word, to be loyal under any and all circumstances to my Fraternity and her highest teachings and to have her welfare ever at heart that she may be a symphony of high purpose and helpfulness in which there is no discordant note.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com