I work out at home as well. I used to go to an early-morning class but had to change my routine after I tore my achilles tendon (not from exercising; it was a bad fall in the mud). My elder daughter is a whiz at this stuff and is very dedicated, so I mentally dragged myself into much the same stuff.

Once you get used to it and get a small library of exercise dvds that you like, you're good to go. No getting dressed in anything coordinated, no having to get somewhere in the weather, etc.

Most of my stuff is Billy Blanks and The Firm, but I have some Michelle Dozois, Amy Bento, and even a kettlebell workout. That last one is super hard and only for my best days. I have 2-lb weights, 5-lb weights, and a 10-lb kettlebell. That's all the equipment I think I need.

If you're looking around for stuff, I can recommend the Collage Video website. They have thousands of dvds and you can search by type, plus see a brief video of each so you can decide if you might like it. They have beginner to advanced levels, even routines for people in chairs, so all levels are covered.

Oh, there are also a lot of 10-minute-type exercises that allow you to do 1-5 routines that are 10 minutes each. Once I got used to working out at home, I really got to like it, so good luck!