Hi Jabber,

I know what you mean about not wanting to feel confined when it is hot and muggy.

I actually bought a couple of "bras" at the store the other day as they were cheap and seemed worth a try. They are from Hanes, and called "the bandini." They come in sizes XS, S, M, L and XL... Supposedly, according to the package, these bras feature "comfort flex fit" and their "smart sizes shape to fit you."

These things pull on over the head -- no hooks or anything -- and they have an X-back. According to the pictures on the label, they can be worn strapless, or with one or the other strap up...

I would show you what they look like, but their web page seems to be missing a pic: Hanes Comfort Flex Bra

Anyway, even with the air conditioning running, it seems like a lot of work to "climb into" one of these things, due to their tight-fitting pull on nature. So I got a black one and a white one, and I, too, have only worn the black.

It was quite comfortable once I got it on, though the level of support was probably pretty minimal...

My next challenge is my niece's wedding in August. I've bought a nice, soft V-necked dress from Coldwater Creek, but I don't think this bra is going to be something I want to bother with in the steamy heat of August. So I am still on the hunt for a comfortable and supportive bra that might also be considered pretty...

(post changed to correct typos)

Edited by Anne Holmes (06/21/11 07:02 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com