Anne...my cousin married inter racially. Coming from a Dad who had problems with other "colors" attending our graduation parties back in the 70's, it was a devastation to the family.

However, when cousin married, all my family attended the event...even Dad! (I could not being so far away.) They are still married for at least 12 years now.....his wife is lovely, well educated and comes from a well-educated family as well.

As someone told me once, "Our hearts are all the same color". God created us equally.

Re: Wedding. yes, things are different today. They even have "themed" weddings etc. The indiv cakes on each table are different to me. What floors me is the "unmodest" bride dresses anymore. The strapless look is not for me. But I'm too old fashioned today's styles.

Sounds like a fun time of family was had. Good for you! I think Steve made a kind decision to have you go ahead and meet everyone first. Smart guy! If my DH did that, I'd probably get mad that he did not want to be w/my family. You are a trooper.

And your dress sounded very appropriate. The colors, I'm sure, went well with your blond hair.

Thanks for the detailed update. I feel as though I were there!