Newt's comeback has been amazing. I was talking about it with my husband and son the other day. (They love a good political discussion).

I asked them whether or not they thought a dark horse candidate would yet emerge whom the Republicans could all rally around. I mean, someone new, who hasn't yet appeared on the debate stages or the campaign trails.

They say no. And even if there were such a person, I am not clear on whether or not it is too late to get on the ballot for the Republican convention.

Meanwhile, it seems clear to me that each of the current candidates has some problems, as we've already been discussing:

I can't imagine the Bible Belt will be able to swallow the bad behavior Cain has revealed, for example.

And as successful as he has been as Massachusetts governor, I am not sure Republicans as a whole can get past Romney's religion. The Mormon Church has a reputation of its own...

As for the former governor of Texas, Mr Perry has just made another foot in mouth gaffe, this time in New Hampshire. Seems he forgot what the legal voting age is...

So that leaves Newt and Michele Bachman, as well as Ron Paul among the bigger candidate names.

I think Paul will end up running again as a third party candidate, which will make him a spoiler -- keeping whomever the Republicans choose from having any chance.

But that's just my humble opinion. Not saying I have any sort of crystal ball! smile

Who else wants to take a stab at prognosticating on this?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com