I know what you mean, Di!

Back in my teens and 20s, living in Madison, WI, I was never really THAT cold in the winter. I remember in college walking a few blocks to a winter formal dance wearing strappy heeled sandals, and a thin evening dress, and not being excessively cold, even though my feet were partially bare. (I probably had some sort of wrap on my body, but I don't recall the specifics.)

In my 30s when I met Steve, I often skipped wearing a coat in the winter, especially if I was errand-running or traveling to and from work. (Oh I'd put the coat in the car, in case I got stranded and had to walk and/or push the car out of a snowbank, but I didn't WEAR it!)

That ability to withstand the cold lasted through my 40s, but it's gone now. These days I wear a coat, hat and gloves - and sometimes even a scarf -- just to walk down my driveway to the mailbox! I turn on the gas fireplace or sit under a blanket to watch TV at night, and I sleep under more blankets than Steve does.

And let's not forget that I can't get to sleep at night unless I have first gotten myself nice and warm with a hot bath!

I don't know what happened to my ability to tolerate cold. Must be a menopausal thing, I guess.

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com