Warmth might be heading your way, Jabber. We here in the Midwest are being treated to sunny days with highs in the 40s for the next few days.

Don't know where this warmth is coming from, but we haven't yet had any appreciable snow, and if I didn't mention it before, I actually saw a blooming dandelion in my lawn last week...

My daughter's birthday is coming up, and I'll never forget the bone chilling weather we experienced the week she was born. I recall being in the labor room and the windows were rattling from the Arctic winds. Not to mention that my husband and the hospital staff had to keep going outside to start their cars to make sure the batteries didn't die.

The saddest sign of the cold was the dozen red roses my then-hubbie gave me to celebrate the birth of our daughter. They never fully opened: froze between the florist's van and the hospital door! (And this was a reputable florist, who knows how to handle deliveries and probably would have replaced them if I'd thought to ask...)

Somehow, with wind chill factored in, I recall those days as being in the minus 40s... And who wouldn't prefer today's plus 40s to that?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com