I think Santorum is an absolute crank. More than anything else to me, he seems like he has such a narrow view of what is right and what is wrong that he literally cannot think past himself. In fact, I think the thing that most bothers me about him is that he would deny rights to others that he has enjoyed in his own family.

Examples: he has a child with Trisomy 18, which is a severe genetic defect that results in a very short life. Needless to say, I'm very sorry and am sure he and his wife are good parents. BUT this is a man who can and does hospitalize that little girl as needed at the same time he's telling other people that healthcare should be done on the free market. Well, guess what? Private insurers don't want people with disabilities or chronic conditions; they're financial liabilities. If he of all people cannot get that I don't know why he should be president. Like it or not, there are 330 million other people in the country and they don't all fit into his narrow definitions of what is acceptable.

And another thing: some years ago he and his wife had a stillborn son. They were allowed to make their difficult decisions regarding healthcare with their doctors, but he would deny the same rights to others.

I also really dislike his habit of blaming social problems on liberals. He even blamed the Catholic priest scandal on liberal influence. Since when are priests supposed to be worried about the outside world? This is their fault, not our fault. If he thinks conservatives live blamelss lives, he needs to get out more. In my experience, people of all faiths and political persuasions behave how they want to. I live in a very conservative state. It's also one of the divorce capitals of the country. He's just clueless.