How strange that God sent me to read Linda Campanella's book, which involved her story of learning to let go of her mother, who was dying.

More proof that God works in mysterious ways.

Earlier this evening I received an anticipated call from my mother telling me that she was just driving home from a visit with her pulmonologist. Her doctor had just told her that she has lung cancer. (No, I didn't anticipate that she would be told she had cancer, though I knew it was a strong possibility. I meant I had been awaiting her call with word on her biopsy results.)

It is still early in the diagnosis process, so we don't yet know what stage it is, or any of the other details. She is hoping that the "lump" is small enough that they will decide to do surgery, rather than radiation or chemo.

She has never smoked, so she has that in her favor, I believe. And she is in fairly good health for a woman in her 80s.

There are still tests ahead of her, including a PET scan and a pulmonary function test, before any decisions on treatment can be made.

So I'm writing this on the early end of the treatment and procedures. I just wanted to let all of you know that any prayers you can send her way will be greatly appreciated. My mother's name is Helen and she lives in Green Valley, AZ.

Of course the time will come that I will need to go be with her, but we don't yet know any details about that yet.

Thanks for lifting her up in prayer. I appreciate it!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com