I enjoy cooking and baking; both hubby and I love to try new foods and are constantly experimenting with new recipes. We usually try a new recipe "as is" the first time, then if we think it's a winner, we'll tweak it to our own tastes. We tried a Thai Coconut Chicken Curry a few weeks ago and loved it so much that we've had it three times since, once with shrimp instead of chicken.

Ever since my poor twenties, I've enjoyed creating casseroles, using whatever's in the fridge and/or pantry. I used to work at a soup kitchen many years ago and once a week would create an enormous casserole for all the volunteers...they called me the casserole queen and were always eager to see what new concoction I could come up with. In the several years that I did that, there was only one casserole that didn't work out, and that was because I added what I thought were leftover mashed potatoes, but it was actually saurkraut and didn't mix well at all...but everyone was quite polite about it and it made for great joking long after! I still enjoy putting together a "mystery casserole" and hubby's so wonderful about eating anything and everything.

He does a lot of the cooking too. His specialties are homemade soups and sauces...often I'll do the stir-fry part and he'll do the sauce. We do eat well! And it makes it fun when both of us enjoy experimenting and will eat just about anything.

And our 16-year-old next-door neighbour LOVES it when I send over my baking experiments.

(Maya Angelou)