I have a siberian husky that is young and spry, and she needs a daily walk of a few miles to put her in her rested state. I also have a grand-dog, a malamute blend (heavy on the wolf) that is an old man of 11, and still very healthy and spry, thank goodness- albeit he shows his age so often. He loves his walk too, and will plop his big head on the bedside at 5am, as if to say "old lady time to get this day underway". He's a sweet gentle giant and I do love him. Our son lives in Austin, and the heat there was too hard on the dog, hence staying at grammas. Our morning routine centers around getting them on the greenway for a really brisk walk of (depending on the heat) 2 to 4 or more miles. We know most of the dogs on the greenway, and their owners, and many walkers also. The bicylists ride by too swiftly to even give us notice, but some do. When I stop to converse with walkers, when they comment on my dogs, I am always amazed when they tell me they have dog(s) too. I ALWAYS want to say "why isn't your dog friend walking with you?". I do know that perhaps their pets may not be able to walk with them, due to age, infirmity, or even size (the little ones tire out quickly). Do more of you ladies out there really relish your morning walkies with your friends? I'd love to hear about your adventures. We are blessed to have a wonderful greenway a block from home, and it rolls all the way to the TN. river. I have seen all kinds of wildlife: herons, ducks, geese, rabbits, all manner of birds, coyotes, and there are a few patures with cows that abut the greenway, those calves especially seem to be attracted to the dogs, and they will trot over for a sniff thru the barbed wire. I see runners and walkers plugged into their music, and they are missing all the birdsong and peace on the pathway. More dog walkie/adventure stories, ladies?