I woke up this morning and decided that I felt like eating brunch. I quick dose of reality took over, and I realized that there was no time this morning for a special "brunchy meal."

So Steve got bagels and cream cheese and I had toast and peanut butter. Then I saw an article online listing the top 10 restaurants for brunch -- in the US. Here's the list from SuccessfulMeetings.com:
Quote:

Everybody loves brunch -- it's breakfast, but with a weekend wallop packed in. Here are 10 top hotels for brunch nationwide.

1. Polo Lounge, Beverly Hills, CA

This spot is so famous it hardly needs an introduction. Longtime favorite menu items like Nutella-and-strawberry slathered French toast compete with unique items like Thai crab cakes.

2. The Broadmoor Lake Terrace Dining Room, Colorado Springs, CO
If the words "chocolate fountain" don't immediately sell you, consider that prime rib, honey-baked ham, made-to-order eggs Benedict and omelets, Belgian waffles, and bagels and lox are also on the menu.

3. Four Seasons Hotel Miami Edge, Steak & Bar, Miami, FL

This brunch menu runs the gamut from high to low-end cuisine. Classic dishes like Eggs Florentine butt up against a "taco truck station" serving braised short ribs and chilaquiles.

4. The Waldorf-Astoria Peacock Alley, New York, NY

Old school doesn't have to mean old news! Live piano music in the Waldorf-Astoria's Peacock Alley lobby lounge sets the stage for eggs Benedict with lobster, filet mignon, crepes, a raw shellfish bar, and pyramids of caviar.

5. Lacroix at The Rittenhouse Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
Sometimes you just have to throw out the playbook. The Rittenhouse brunch is characterized by dishes like jalapeño shortbread, black garlic Shoo Fly pie, and foie gras granola bars.

6. InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Top of the Mark
This elegant 19th floor restauarant hosts a Sunday Champagne Brunch with all the trimmings and then some -- by which we mean dim sum!

7. The St. Regis Princeville Resort Makana Terrace, Kauai, HI

Eating outdoors in Hawaii is already enough to make one's mouth water in anticipation, but add in temptations like snow crab claws with a mango horseradish sauce and mac and cheese with lobster and truffles and you've got a true winning proposition.

8. The Grand America Hotel Garden Café, Salt Lake City, UT
Held in the hotel's outdoor cafe, offerings at this sumptuous Sunday brunch include Cornish game hens with peach barbecue sauce, raspberry-studded Ebleskivers with chocolate sauce, a seafood martini station, and even an artisan cheese cart.

9. The Jefferson Rotunda Lobby, Richmond, VA
Live music characterizes this Champagne brunch, along with made-to-order omelets, oysters on the half shell, spoonbread, and house-made charcuterie.

10.The Edgewater Six Seven, Seattle, WA
The views are a draw at this famous Seattle spot -- the Beatles once fished from one of the hotel's oceanview rooms! -- but the menu is no slouch. Six Seven serves up Pan-Asian twists on classic seafood dishes. Think Dungeness crab and spinach Benedict.

Those must all be fantastic brunch locales, but I've never had the pleasure of enjoying a meal at any of those places.

Anyone have any wonderful brunch locations to share? Or perhaps you'd prefer to share your favorite brunch recipe?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com