Thanks for the stories of your dogs, Di, Marsha and Jabber. It sounds like we each have had similar experiences.

Marsha, I have worked from home since right after 9/11. Prior to that, Lucky actually used to come to the office with me. She'd spend most of the day lying in the floor in my office but she would often go out to the front office to greet guests.

When I would go to the post office or the bank, she would ride along in the car. And of course, the bank tellers all looked for her and gave her a dog biscuit.

She didn't always come to the office with me. She'd originally been my son's dog, and she stayed home when we all left for work and school. But there came a time when she had to have surgery, and the vet released her to the house after time spend at his office in recovery. But he told me she could not stay alone -- she had to be under observation.

I had to be at the office, that afternoon, so I brought her in and kept her there for a couple of days. Then after her stitches were removed and she was deemed "healed," I again left her at home in the morning.

We returned home that night, to find she had become agitated and had dug a hole in the carpet. She'd never done this before, but the hole digging continued, and the weather was not such that we could leave her outdoors all day long.

So with what might be termed "passive aggression" she won the right to "hang out" at the office. Everyone loved her, and she was very well-mannered.

I hear that in New York City there are now many restaurants where dogs are welcomed. But back then, this was not done. When Steve and I went out to dinner, we would of course, leave her at home, and generally we provide her with a dog treat for good behavior when we returned.

Oh, I could go on sharing funny Lucky stories all night. But guess I'll stop for now.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com