Cookie, I chocolate version of your cookies were a real hit with the people I shared them with. Just wanted to let you know.

By the way, I tried a new brownie recipe this evening. It's a recipe I found via Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman. I get a real kick out of her -- and I enjoy her recipes.

I needed to make some "kick butt" brownies, as I wanted to share them with my next door neighbor, who keeps coming over and bringing me casseroles, saying she made enough for two and she wants to share...

So I looked at her site and I found this recipe she calls "Knock You Naked" Brownies -- and I made them this evening.

The recipe is rather time-consuming, though it only has maybe 6 ingredients -- she starts with a Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix...

(For details on what's involved, check out the link above, she includes pictures for all the steps involved.

The recipe took me longer to make because my caramels were old and hard, and it took a long time to cook them with the milk to make the caramel sauce.)

All I can say so far, is that they are out of the oven and cooling. She says they need to be refrigerated before they can be enjoyed, so we're holding off on the tasting. But the anticipation is high...

And tomorrow, after we've tried one, I'll write back and tell you whether or not Steve and I were "knocked naked" when we ate them. LOL!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com