Hi Cookie -- any anyone else here who loves to cook and bake -- or who enjoys eating delicious rich indulgent brownies.

These "Knock You Naked" brownies were fabulous! The main complaint I would have with the recipe is that it makes only an 8 x 8 pan. I'd like to have a whole 13 x 9 pan, if you please...

But then the brownies might become common - not so special. So I have no plans to redevelop the recipe to make it larger.

The main caution I would have anyone who decides to make these oh-so-rich chocolate treats is to follow the recipe closely with regard to baking time.

I gave mine an extra 5-8 minutes because they didn't look "done." The result is that the brownies in the corners of the pan are not at all chewy.

Secondarily, if you like to know you are eating nuts in your brownies, don't chop the nuts too fine. I chopped my pecans pretty small, and the people I shared the brownies with (neighbors and friends) commented that the nuts were not as "present" as they would have preferred.

They are still so delicious though, that anyone I've shared them with -- 5 people so far -- is quite willing to "gnaw away" at the harder corners - -and recognize that the nuts aren't the main event in these treats. Their reward, of course, is delicious chocolate and caramel...

One other note: The Pioneer Woman specifies using a German Chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines, preferably). I only had a Devils Food cake mix in the house (and it WAS Duncan Hines brand) so I used that. Thus my brownies are a bit more densely chocolate than her recipe specifies. Makes little difference, IMHO...

Bottom line: I have repurchased all the ingredients and will be baking them again very soon -- and making sure not to overcook them!

(If you want photos, and I'm sure you do, please refer to link here, which goes to the recipe as posted on the Pioneer Woman's website.

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com